Pineapple Iced Tea
"With five teenagers, we go through lots of beverages," notes field editor Kathy Kittell of Lenexa, Kansas. "This thirst-quenching tea is easy to mix up and had a sparkling citrus flavor we all enjoy."
5 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 4 cups water
- 7 individual tea bags
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- Add tea bags; cover and steep for 3-5 minutes. Discard tea bags. Stir
- in the pineapple juice, lemon juice and sugar until sugar is
- dissolved. Refrigerate overnight for the flavors to blend. Serve
- over ice. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 51 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 0 protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.