Pineapple Chicken Casserole
"I love to cook, but with teaching school, playing handbells at church and juggling my husband's and teenage twins' schedule, I have little time in the kitchen," says Susan Warren, North Manchester, Indiana. "I'm always looking for one-dish dinners like this one that save time and cleanup."
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Fold in 1 cup
- chow mein noodles.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with
- remaining noodles. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or
- until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 230 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 624 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer