Pineapple Cheddar Spread
I came across this easy idea when looking for something new and unique to impress guests. The slightly sweet spread received rave reviews from friends. Try it with celery sticks or crackers the next time you need a fast appetizer.
Beale Air Force Base, California
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- Celery sticks
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise and soy sauce
- until smooth. Beat in the cheddar cheese, pineapple, almonds, green
- pepper and onion. Serve with celery. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup (prepared with reduced-fat cream cheese, fat-free mayonnaise, reduced-sodium soy sauce, and reduced-fat cheddar cheese) equals 150 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 273 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1/2 fruit.