Pineapple-Caramel Sponge Cakes
Want the flavor of pineapple-upside-down cake without the heat and hassle of turning on the oven? Whip up Lynn Mahle’s delicious no-bake dessert. Only four ingredients make it a fuss-free winner for the Quincy, Florida reader!
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened DOLE® Crushed Pineapple in 100% Pineapple Juice, drained
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 4 individual round sponge cakes
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- In a small saucepan, combine pineapple and caramel topping. Cook over
- medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through, stirring
- Place sponge cakes on dessert plates. Top each with a scoop of ice
- cream and 1/4 cup pineapple sauce. Serve immediately. Yield: 4