This is a special way to dress up beets. Paired with pineapple, they have a slightly sweet taste that has even people who don't usually like beets taking second helpings.
-Bernice Morris, Marshfield, Missouri
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup DOLE® Pineapple Tidbits in 100% Pineapple Juice with juice
- 1 can (16 ounces) sliced beets, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and salt; add
- pineapple and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thick,
- about 2 minutes.
- Add the beets, butter and lemon juice; cook over medium heat for 5
- minutes, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 124 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 400 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.