- Stir into batter. Transfer to three greased and floured 9-in. round
- baking pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick
- inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Beat in the
- confectioners' sugar, extract and enough water to achieve a
- spreading consistency.
- To assemble, place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with
- half of the preserves. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake layer.
- Frost top and sides. Garnish with pineapple slices and coconut if
- desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice (calculated without garnishes) equals 868 calories, 36 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 199 mg cholesterol, 344 mg sodium, 129 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.