"My husband love pierogies," writes Holly Bosworth of Ocala, Florida. "When I needed a fast meal without a lot of cleanup, I came up with this all-in-one dinner. It's colorful, healthy and very filling."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (16.9 ounces) frozen pierogies
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Cook pierogies according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, cook the ham, squash, zucchini and garlic powder in butter
- for 4 minutes or until squash is tender. Drain pierogies and add to
- skillet; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 266 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 984 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.