Pierogi Pasta Shells
My family loves perogies, so I decided to create my own version. I took these to a Christmas party and they won rave reviews. When we left the party, I took home an empty pan—not a crumb to be found. —Kim Wallace, Dover, Ohio
17 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 51 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 3 packages (24 ounces each) refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions; drain and rinse in
- cold water. Place mashed potatoes in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes, stirring once. Add the
- minced onion, onion powder and garlic powder. Stir in 2 cups of
- cheese until blended.
- Stuff into shells. Place in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes.
- Sprinkle with green onions and remaining cheese. Cover and bake at
- 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until
- heated through. Yield: 17 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 270 calories, 11 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 335 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as