Picnic Sweet Potato Salad
A homemade vinaigrette coats this colorful salad chock-full of sweet potato cubes. It’s ideal for warm-weather picnics and patio parties, but my family loves it year-round!
—Mary Leverette, Columbia, South Carolina
13 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 medium apples, chopped
- 6 Wright® Brand Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
Make summer recipes special with fresh, thick slices of Wright® Brand Bacon.
See More Recipes >
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Place sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or just until
- tender. Drain.
- Transfer to a large bowl; cool to room temperature. Add the apples,
- bacon, onion, parsley, salt and pepper to the potatoes. In a small
- bowl, whisk oil and vinegar. Pour over salad; toss gently to coat.
- Chill until serving. Yield: 13 servings (3/4 cup each).
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 169 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.