Picnic Pasta Salad
For a lighter pasta salad with delicious chicken and broccoli, try this recipe. It his lighter than the regular salads but you are not missing out on any flavor.Katherine Stallwood, Kennewick, Washington
15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) shell macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine macaroni, chicken, broccoli and onion. In a
- small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to
- coat. Cover; refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 15 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 223 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 242 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.