I usually prepare this distinctive, colorful coleslaw for picnics, block parties and potlucks. No matter where I take this tasty dish, people are always asking for the recipe. The bacon adds rich flavor to the fresh crisp carrots and cabbage. Plus, it travels well.
Karen Page, St. Louis, Missouri
12-16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 8 Wright® Brand Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
Make summer recipes special with fresh, thick slices of Wright® Brand Bacon.
See More Recipes >
- 12 green onions with tips, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, bacon and onions. In a jar with
- tight-fitting lid, mix vinegar, oil, sugar and salt; shake well.
- Just before serving, pour dressing over cabbage mixture and toss.
- Yield: 12-16 servings.