Cubes of pickled pumpkin make a tasty addition to any meal, according to Myra Innes of Auburn, Kansas. "We like to have this side dish as part of our Thanksgiving feast," she tells. "The recipe's a great way to use up any extra pumpkins you might have on hand," she adds.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 1-1/4 hours
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3-1/2 cups cubed peeled pie pumpkin
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- In a saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil; cook and stir for 5
- minutes. Add pumpkin, vinegar and cloves. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- Discard cloves. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. Yield:
- 4 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 56 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.