This is a perfect recipe to use already prepared hard-boiled egg. They would be great for a brunch or springtime luncheon.American Egg Board, Linda Braun, Park Ridge, Illinois
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons mixed pickling spices
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- In a medium saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until onion is tender, about 5
- Place six eggs each in two 1-qt. jars with tight-fitting lids. Pour
- half of the hot vinegar mixture into each jar; cover with lids.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 92 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 212 mg cholesterol, 259 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.