- Fill apples with almonds. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over
- apples. Place ramekins in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake
- at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly.
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Stir in brown sugar and raisins. Cook and stir over medium heat
- until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; stir in rum.
- Carefully slip phyllo apples out of ramekins and onto dessert plates.
- Top with ice cream; drizzle with sauce. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 phyllo apple with 1/2 cup ice cream and 2 tablespoons sauce equals 437 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 145 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.