Petite Pineapple Coconut Cakes
Defy wintry weather and transport your guests to the tropics with these beautiful, single-serving confections. Cake mix never tasted so good!Taste of Home Test Kitchen
9 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 cake layer from Angel Cake Ball Pops
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons pineapple preserves
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups large flaked coconut, toasted
- Cut cake horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a
- cutting board. Combine pineapple preserves and extract; set aside 3
- tablespoons for frosting. Spread remaining pineapple over top of one
- layer. Top with remaining cake layer; cut cake into 9 squares.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. In another bowl,
- beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and reserved pineapple
- mixture; fold in whipped cream. Spread over the top and sides of
- each square. Press coconut into top and sides. Refrigerate for at
- least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cake equals 601 calories, 36 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 331 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.