This homemade pesto created by our home economists makes a delightful hostess gift or present for that hard-to-buy-for person.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
8-12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup tightly packed fresh basil or cilantro leaves
- 1 cup tightly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a food processor, puree all ingredients. Refrigerate for several
- weeks or freeze in a tightly covered container. Toss a few
- tablespoons pesto with hot cooked pasta. Yield: 3/4 cup.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 97 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 114 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.