- For topping, combine the basil, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts and garlic
- in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. While
- processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Drop by
- teaspoonfuls over filling; cut through with a knife to swirl.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or
- until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour
- longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with crackers. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 24 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice (calculated without crackers) equals 87 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 144 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.