Pesto Pepper Tortellini
"This is a shortcut version of a rich, creamy pasta dish I enjoyed on a vacation trip," shares Mickie Taft of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It's versatile, too--serve it as an awesome meatless entree or a special side dish.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup ground walnuts
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion or chives
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute red pepper in butter until
- pepper is crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in
- cream; cook for 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add the walnuts, basil and onion; heat through. Drain tortellini; add
- to sauce and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 771 calories, 61 g fat (35 g saturated fat), 199 mg cholesterol, 449 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.