Pesto Egg Salad Sandwiches
For a casual springtime meal with a twist, boil up some eggs and dinner will be done presto. —Tenley Haraldson, Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 teaspoons prepared pesto
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3 hard-cooked egg whites, chopped
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 8 spinach leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Gently stir in
- eggs and egg whites. Spread over four toast slices; top with spinach
- and remaining toast. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich equals 285 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 217 mg cholesterol, 811 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1-1/2 starch.