Pesto Dip with Parmesan Toast
“We created this recipe at my office when we had leftover mayonnaise and pesto and weren’t sure what do to with them. We figured it out and fell in love with this no-fuss dip.” —Laurel Churchman, Waco, Texas
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 jar (8.1 ounces) prepared pesto
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place baguette slices on greased baking sheets. Broil 4-6 in. from
- the heat for 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Turn slices over;
- sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Broil 1 to 1-1/2 minutes longer or
- until lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pesto, garlic powder and
- remaining cheese. Serve with toast slices. Yield: 20 servings (2-1/2
- cups dip).
Nutrition Facts: 2 tablespoons dip with 4 toasts equals 341 calories, 27 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 419 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.