My daughter came up with this recipe and I'm asked for a copy of it every time I make it. It's easy to switch up the flavor by using different types of pesto. —Shirley Dickstein, Parma, Idaho
29 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into slices
- 1 jar (7 ounces) prepared pesto
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Arrange bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread with pesto;
- top with tomatoes and cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5
- minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Yield: 29 appetizers.
Nutrition Facts: 1 appetizer equals 93 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 196 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer