Personal Pear Pot Pies
Talk about cutie pies! These tasty pear mini pies, baked in ramekins, are super easy. Frozen puff pastry makes it simple to treat your family to personal-size desserts.Barbara Engelhart, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflake crumbs
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled Anjou pears
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled Barlett pears
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornflake crumbs, brown sugar and
- ginger. In a large bowl, combine the pears and orange juice; add
- crumb mixture and toss to coat.
- With 1 tablespoon butter, grease the bottoms and sides of four 8-oz.
- ramekins (do not butter rims). Divide pear mixture between ramekins;
- dot with remaining butter.
- Without unfolding pastry, cut widthwise into fourteen 1/4-in. strips.
- Carefully unfold strips. Cut into shorter lengths and make a lattice
- crust over each ramekin. Gently press dough to rims to seal edges.
- Brush with egg.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until