Perfect Winter Salad
"This is my most-requested salad recipe. It is delicious as a main dish with grilled chicken breast or as a side salad. I think it's so good, I sometimes eat it as dessert!"
DeNae Shewmake, Burnsville, Minnesota
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 2 medium tart apples, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; whisk in oil.
- Chill until serving.
- In a salad bowl, combine the salad greens, apples, cherries, pecans
- and onion. Just before serving, drizzle with dressing and toss to
- coat. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup each).
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 235 calories, 18 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 47 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.