Perch with Cucumber Relish
Field editor Mildred Sherrer from Fort Worth, Texas gives fish a healthy flavor lift with homemade relish. Tangy vinegar and tarragon lend zest to her tasty condiment, and chopped cucumber and radishes add garden-fresh color.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2/3 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped radishes
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 perch or tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- For relish, in a small bowl, combine the cucumber, radishes, vinegar,
- oil, sugar, tarragon and salt; set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook fillets
- for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a
- fork. Serve with relish. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 fillet with 3 tablespoons relish equals 222 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 168 mg cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.