Peppy Parmesan Pasta
"When my husband and I needed dinner in a hurry, we came up with this dish that gets spicy flavor from pepperoni," notes Debbie Horst of Phoenix, Arizona. "We like to use angel hair pasta because it cooks faster than other noodles," she adds.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 package (3 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or salt-free seasoning blend, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a serving
- bowl, combine the tomato, pepperoni, olives, cheese, oil, salt if
- desired and garlic powder. Drain pasta; add to the tomato mixture
- and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 452 calories, 24 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 927 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.