Peppy Bean Bake
What's great about this casserole is that you just throw it together and pop it in the oven. While it's baking, I can unwind from work and spend time with my two children. If company's coming, I just use two cans of everything!Paula Roberts, Russellville, Arkansas
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 can (16 ounces) vegetarian baked beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) vegetarian chili with beans
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed nacho tortilla chips
- In a bowl, combine the baked beans, kidney beans, corn, chili and
- jalapenos. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with
- cheese and chips. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and
- cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 373 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 882 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 13 g fiber, 18 g protein.