Peppery Parsnip Fries
Looking for creative ways to use parsnips? These crispy bites from Sandy Abrams of Greenville, New York are a healthier take on popular french fries.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 8 medium parsnips, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cut parsnips lengthwise into 2-1/2-in. x 1/2-in. sticks. In a large
- resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, Parmesan cheese, salt,
- pepper and nutmeg. Add parsnips, a few sticks at a time, and shake
- to coat.
- Line two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans with foil; coat the foil
- with cooking spray. Place parnsips in a single layer in pans. Bake
- at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until tender, turning several
- times. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 156 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 starch.