Pepperoni Pizza Bake
C.C. Yeats of Lewiston, Idaho gets her pizza casserole on the table pronto. On nights my husband, Rodger, works late or our children, Clinton, 16, and Katy, 12, have after-school commitments, I rely on this one-dish wonder, she relates.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) wide egg noodles
- 2-1/4 cups pizza sauce, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl,
- combine noodles and 3/4 cup pizza sauce. Transfer to a greased
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with remaining pizza sauce.
- Layer with the mushrooms, olives and pepperoni. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until heated
- through and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 392 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 735 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.