Pepperoni Penne Carbonara
Use kitchen scissors to cut sun-dried tomatoes into smaller pieces.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup sliced turkey pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, soak tomatoes
- in boiling water for 10 minutes; drain well.
- In a large skillet, saute tomatoes in butter for 3 minutes. Add
- garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the pepperoni, cheese, cream, basil, salt and pepper. Cook
- over low heat until heated through. Drain pasta; toss with sauce.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 483 calories, 29 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 1,245 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 19 g protein.