For your next potluck offering, consider this hearty pasta bake from Marlene Mohr of Cincinnati, Ohio. It's jazzed up with pepperoni, sausage and olives for pizza-like flavor. It's handy, too, because it can be assembled ahead of time, then baked right before serving.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound bulk Johnsonville® Ground Sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, halved
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no
- longer pink; drain. Drain macaroni.
- In a large bowl, combine the pizza sauce, tomato sauce and milk. Stir
- in sausage mixture, macaroni, pepperoni, mushrooms and olives.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at
- 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10-15
- minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield:
- 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 334 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 1,041 mg sodium,