"This chewy bread, flecked with spicy pepperoni, is a favorite no matter where I take it," reports Annette Self of Junction City, Ohio. "I often use slices of it to make garlic bread when I serve Italian meals," she adds.
16 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3-1/4 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup finely chopped pepperoni
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order
- suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose medium
- crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5
- minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if
- needed). Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly
- signal this), add the pepperoni. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 126 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 294 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.