Pepperoncini Arugula Salad
This fantastic salad is short on time, but not on taste. In about 5 minutes you can have a salad the goes well with just about any beef or pork dish.-Tabitha Freeman of Middletown, Connecticut
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 2 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 pepperoncini, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- In a large salad bowl, combine the arugula, romaine, onion,
- pepperoncini and tomato. Drizzle with vinaigrette; gently toss to
- coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/4 cups equals 50 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.