- alternately with the buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at
- 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool
- For frosting, beat cream cheese and butter until combined. Beat in
- extract. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth.
- Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Press
- crushed candies on top and sides of cake. Arrange whole candies
- around bottom of cake. Yield: 12 servings.
To Make Ahead: Cake layers can be frozen for up to 1 month. Unwrap cake; thaw on a wire rack. Proceed as directed.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 702 calories, 35 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 134 mg cholesterol, 528 mg sodium, 90 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.