Peppermint Puff Pastry Sticks
I wanted to impress my husband's family with something you'd expect to find in a European bakery, and these chocolaty treats are what I came up with. The flaky pastry melts in your mouth. —Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
40 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 10 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups crushed peppermint candies
- Unfold pastry sheet onto a lightly floured surface. Cut into 4-in. x
- 1/2-in. strips. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for
- 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip each
- cookie halfway, allowing excess to drip off. Sprinkle with crushed
- candies. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an
- airtight container. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie equals 80 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.