Peppermint Pretzel Dippers
"A friend fixed these treats and gave them away in pretty canning jars," recalls Michelle Krzmarzick of Torrance, California. "The combination of sweet, salty and peppermint is just right," she adds. Try dipping them in white candy coating and rolling them in crushed candy canes for variety.
48 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 package (10 ounces) pretzel rods
- 40 red and/or green hard mint candies, crushed
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until
- smooth. Break each pretzel rod in half. Dip the broken end about
- halfway into melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Roll in
- crushed candies. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Chill
- until set. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 75 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.