Crisp and minty, this simple snack is a hit with all 10 of our children. For variety, try substituting other flavors of candy instead of peppermint.
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 24 cups popped popcorn
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup finely crushed peppermint candy (4 to 6 candy canes)
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. In a large
- bowl, combine the popcorn and crushed candy. Pour candy coating over
- top; toss to coat. Pour onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. When
- hardened, break apart. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 24
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 163 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 98 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.