Peppermint Ice Cream Dessert
With pudding, ice cream and whipped topping, this cool and creamy dessert is the perfect complement to a rich holiday meal. You'll appreciate its make-ahead convenience.
12-15 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 quart peppermint ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, butter and sugar. Set aside
- 3/4 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased
- 13-in. x 9-in. dish. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for
- 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Stir in ice cream until smooth.
- Pour over crust. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Spread with whipped topping and sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Cover
- and refrigerate for 6-8 hours or overnight. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.