Peppermint Hot Chocolate
More than a hint of cool mint makes this delicious sipper a special switch from traditional hot chocolate. Besides the rich beverage that's quick to fix, a dollop of whipped cream with crushed candy tops each mug lusciously.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 spearmint or peppermint candies, crushed
- Additional crushed peppermint candies, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until steaming. Add
- chocolate; whisk until smooth. Stir in peppermint extract.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in the
- crushed candies. Ladle hot chocolate into mugs; dollop with whipped
- cream. Sprinkle with additional candies if desired. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 402 calories, 26 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 8 g protein.