Peppermint Grasshopper Torte
This three-layer ice cream cake takes a bit of time to prepare, but it can be done in advance. Guests will rave about each refreshing slice.Eileen Putsey, Cesarea, Ontario
12 ServingsPrep: 45 min. + freezing
- 2 cups chocolate wafers (about 40)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 5 drops green food coloring
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Chocolate curls, peppermint candies and mint sprigs, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the
- bottom of a 9-in. springform pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Tint
- ice cream with green food coloring. Spread over crust. Cover and
- freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine marshmallow creme and milk. Add extract
- and red food coloring. Fold in whipped cream. Spread over ice cream.
- Cover and freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes
- before serving. Garnish with chocolate curls, candies and mint if
- desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 303 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 193 mg sodium,