Peppered Tarragon Carrots
Orange juice and tarragon jazz up this basic carrot side dish and boast a healthy dose of vitamins C and A. Clara Coulston - Washington Court House, OH
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Drain and discard liquid.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until
- heated through.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 55 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 384 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 vegetable.