Peppered Portobello Penne
Meaty mushrooms and a kickin’ hot cheese sauce take this simple pasta toss from drab to fab! My family loves that it tastes like a restaurant dish, but it’s made at home. —Veronica Callaghan, Glastonbury, Connecticut
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in oil until tender.
- Stir in the cream, salt and pepper; heat through. Stir in cheese
- until melted. Drain pasta. Add to skillet and toss to coat. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 503 calories, 28 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 632 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.