Peppered Corn Salad
Colorful, tangy, fresh-tasting Peppered Corn Salad makes an easy side for most any summer entree. —Pat Lovdahl, Falcon Heights, Minnesota
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Prepare corn according to package directions; drain and set aside. In
- a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, onions and green pepper; stir in
- corn. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over
- salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 123 calories, 5 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 203 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.