We prefer this recipe over regular pizza. Its tomato and pepper topping is irresistible.Sonia Speh, Gordonsville, Virginia
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated flaky buttermilk biscuits
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Split biscuits in half horizontally. Arrange on a lightly greased
- 12-in. round pizza pan; press dough together to seal the edges.
- Brush with oil. Sprinkle with peppers, tomato, onion, garlic powder,
- basil and oregano. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until crust
- is golden brown. Cover edges with foil to prevent overbrowning if
- necessary. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately. Yield:
- 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 184 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 543 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon