Pepper Pork Fajitas
Four varieties of bell pepper make this a tasty, bright dish that’ll fill you up but won’t weigh you down. Lise Thomson — Magrath, Alberta
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 each medium green, sweet yellow, red and orange pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Place cornstarch in a large resealable plastic bag. Add pork, a few
- pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook the
- pork, peppers and onion in oil over medium heat until pork is no
- longer pink and vegetables are tender. Stir in salsa; heat through.
- Place about 3/4 cup filling down the center of each tortilla; top
- with shredded cheese and sour cream. Fold in sides of tortillas.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 fajita equals 462 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 510 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein.