"These creamy and zippy stuffed jalapenos may be the most popular treats I make," asserts Lisa Byington of Port Crane, New York. "My husband is always hinting to me that I should prepare a batch."
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 Wright® Brand Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
Make summer recipes special with fresh, thick slices of Wright® Brand Bacon.
See More Recipes >
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound fresh jalapenos, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Sour cream, onion dip or ranch salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the cheeses, bacon and seasonings; mix well.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoonfuls into each pepper half. Roll in bread
- Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake,
- uncovered, at 325° for 15 minutes for spicy flavor, 25 minutes
- for medium and 35 minutes for mild. Serve with sour cream, dip or
- dressing. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts:-Added by System Jul 07-->Nutrition Facts: 3 poppers (calculated without sour cream, onion dip or ranch salad dressing) equals 273 calories, 21 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 454 mg sodium,