Pepper Jack Potatoes
"I made these nicely seasoned potatoes all the time...they seem to go with anything," says Barbara Nowakowski of North Tonawanda, New York. Priced at 42¢ a serving, this side dish is sure to satisfy several guests without straining your budget.
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded pepper Jack or Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes and onion. Combine the butter and
- seasonings; drizzle over the potato mixture; toss to coat. Place
- half in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with half of
- the cheese; top with remaining potato mixture.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are
- tender. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes
- longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with salsa if desired.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 244 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 353 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.