Pepper Jack Muffins
This is a delicious muffin recipe to serve with any soup or chili recipe. Regular cheddar cheese can be used instead of the Pepperjack cheese for a milder muffin.Deborah Forrest, Ocean Springs, Mississippi
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In
- another bowl, combine the egg, milk and butter. Stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cheese.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for
- 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5
- minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield:
- 5 muffins.
Nutrition Facts: 1 muffin equals 199 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.