Pepper-Crusted Sirloin Roast
Guests will be surprised to hear this festive entree only calls for five ingredients. It's the perfect choice when feeding a large group.
12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 2-1/4 hours + standing
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- Place roast, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; spread
- with mustard. Combine the pepper, rosemary and mint; press into
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2-1/4 to 3 hours or until meat
- reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should
- read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Cover and let
- stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 141 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.