- shallots to the cooking liquid. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Combine the cornstarch, milk, tomato paste and salt until smooth;
- stir into the pan until blended. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for
- 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Shred chicken with two forks; add to the sauce. Drain pasta; add to
- sauce. Add the cheese, peas and basil; cook and stir until heated
- through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 281 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 739 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.