Pecan Sweet Potato Salad
A new twist on an old favorite, this tasty, easy-to-make sweet potato salad is sure to be the talk of your gathering. —Patricia Swart, Bridgeton, New Jersey
12 ServingsPrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 6 to 7 large sweet potatoes (about 5 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Place sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or just until
- tender. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl; cool to room temperature.
- Stir in celery and green onions.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and sour cream. Gently stir into
- potato mixture. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or
- overnight. Just before serving, sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 12
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 184 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 188 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.